Pages

May 28, 2011

8 on 8

                    So finally, everything is completed and and perfect 8 on 8. I am now a Bachelor of Technology, what I would be liked to be called. After entering the CoEP and seeing all the brilliant students around I had thought that probably getting out of CoEP is more difficult than getting in.

           First Year: began with all the intros given to seniors(which I owe a  lot as it made me think that I didn't had anything special in me, I need to make myself into some or the other thing). The lectures went repeating some physics and chemistry part.Technically was introduced to the C-Programming which I even didn't know that this is going to be with my entire life henceforth. Even by the end of the first year, I didn't get to know the concept of a programming language, but I sored quite well in it(thanks to my friends, and this is the part where your friends help you a lot :P). As usual not to mention, when it comes to engineering Mathematics never leaves your collar bone. Bunked some lectures for the Regatta.



            Second Year: gave exposure to the computer graphics and latest technologies.Also one whole semester was wasted (ohhhhh no I'm sorry *vested*) in understanding stack and queues alone.Trees and graphs still remaining a nightmare to me and many others. Database Systems didn't move a page ahead even after 2 months of continuous efforts of the professor. Tried to make a manual robot for the dogfight and a micro-mouse in the College's Annual Tech-fest MindSpark with very few achievements which would be better to called nil.

                    Third Year: was busy amongst all the four years. This was the time when I understood what IT is? and what I'll be doing for the rest of my life. Tried to learn new things and got hands on few platforms but was still a naive in all those areas. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering didn't go quiet well giving me a rank of above 7000.




               Final Year: the main ground and the most important time of my life. This year taught me a lot of good things as well as bad things. I got to learn many things from my experience which eventually improved my point of view towards life and the ways to deal with the problems. As a human I was a changed being by the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment